Learn how to Play Pickleball in 2 minutes.
- Pickleball is paddle sport similar to tennis played on a badminton-sized court
- Pickleball is played with paddles, like ping-pong and a plastic perforated ball, similar to a whiffle ball
- Games are played by 2 to 4 people in either singles or doubles like tennis
- Points can only be scored by the serving team and games go to 11 by 1s
- The game starts at 0-0-2 the last number indicating the server
- Serves must be underhand and below the navel
- Serves must clear the net, land in the rectangle opposite the server and past the kitchen to be valid
- Lines are inbounds with the exception of the kitchen line on the serve
- The pickleball must bounce once on the receiving team’s side before they can return it
- It also has to bounce once on the serving team’s side before they can hit it
- If it bounces more than once it’s dead
The Kitchen Rule
- The kitchen is the center rectangle on both sides of the net
- Players must wait for the Pickleball to bounce in the kitchen before they can enter it
- If a player steps in the kitchen accidentally they forfeit the point
- Each player gets to serve until their team loses a rally
- When the server’s team scores they switch sides with their teammate and serve to the opposite side of the court
- If they lose a rally, then their teammate serves.
- Once both players have lost a rally the opposing team gets to serve
2652 Daisy Drive
Saratoga Springs, UT 84045
Paddles with balls.
© Copyright 2023, Backcourt Pickleball.
Leave a comment: