5 Best pickleball shoes for women on Amazon
For as long as humans have existed, sports have too. The earliest sporting events included wrestling and foot races. Many times these sports were played to determine which individuals were stronger and more useful to a city or community. Sports have a long history that began decades ago across different parts of the world.
In 12th century France, people used their hands to hit a ball back and forth, calling it “jeu de paume”, which translates to palm games. This simple activity would eventually add rackets and a net and become a sport we all know and love: tennis.
Pickleball Equipment & Differences
Today, we have other sports that are very similar to tennis such as badminton and pickleball. Pickleball is a relatively new sport that has grown exponentially in popularity. Many pickleball enthusiasts describe it as a hybrid between tennis and ping pong. Some shoes that are an ideal choice for pickleball will also work as a running or tennis shoe.
Many people who enjoy pickleball also play other sports such as tennis. Even though tennis and pickleball are similar there are differences between the two sports that will change which court shoes you purchase. The main difference between the two sports is the size of the court, although there are other small differences.
While a typical tennis court is 78 feet long and 36 feet wide (for doubles), a regulation pickleball court is 44 feet long and 20 feet wide. Even though the court size is smaller than a tennis court, pickleball is a high endurance sport and your shoes play a big part in your performance. The best pickleball shoes will not only provide comfort but help you maintain endurance without your feet becoming too sore.
Some factors to keep in mind when choosing the best women’s pickleball shoe:
Comfort & Breathability
If your shoes aren’t comfortable and breathable, your performance will suffer. Opt for lightweight fabrics and soft materials that won’t irritate your skin. Some of the most common types of fabric for making athletic shoes include ethyl, rubber, vinyl acetate (EVA), and polyurethane. These fabrics are durable, flexible, comfortable, and made to withstand the force of foot to the ground.
Wearing supportive shoes when playing sports is a critical component of your performance and the safety of your feet. Wearing improper shoes that are too small or don’t provide proper support increases your risk of major foot and ankle injuries such as spraining or rolling an ankle or breaking a toe. Other injuries could include blisters, bunions, hammertoes, and plantar fasciitis.
If you play sports other than pickleball, choosing a shoe that allows you to wear it to multiple sporting activities might be a smart idea. Pickleball games can sometimes take up to an hour to finish. You want to choose a pair of shoes that will support your weight and give you comfort while you're on your feet. This is especially essential if you play in a pickleball tournament as these can last up to 8-9 hours.
Durability is important to think about if you play sports other than pickleball. If you have the means to buy a specific pair of shoes for each sport you play, then durability might not be a major factor. However, some athletes might want to pick a pair of shoes they can use for any type of sporting event.
There are differences in shoes depending on which sport you are playing. Tennis shoes might have different strengths than basketball shoes. Versatility might be an important factor to consider depending on how you plan to use your pickleball shoes.
The 5 Best Pickleball Shoes for Women found on Amazon
1. Prince Women’s T22 Tennis Shoe
- 100% Synthetic and mesh for a comfortable fit
- Light & Breathable Fabric
- White and Grey color scheme to match any outfit
- Wishbone Design to increase stability
- PRC 1000 outsole provides unmatched durability
2. STQ Walking Tennis Shoe for Women
- Memory Foam Interior Designed for Comfort
- Designed for strenuous activities
- Soft & Breathable material
- Comfortable to wear
- Upper Mesh Design
- Quicker dry than competitors
- Adjustable laces to easily remove and put on
- Non-Slip and Durable material
3. K-SWISS Women’s Express Light Pickleball Shoe
- Ethylene Vinyl Acetate sole
- Maximum cushioning and enhanced durability
- Moisture management
- Reduces effects of perspiration
- Cushioning and support under the sock liner
- Heel Grip Lining to reduce heel slippage for improved agility & endurance
- Enhances midfoot stability for improved movement
4. Fitville Women’s Wide Pickleball Shoe
- Rubber sole for flexible movements and absorbing shock
- Full coverage to support a wide variety of activities
- Fashionable mesh and super soft microfiber
- Anti-odor technology
- Breathable material
- Extra Wide fit
- Honeycomb insole and Ortholite material
- Provides cushioning and extra support.
- Non-slip design
5. Babolat Women’s Tennis Shoes
- Rubber sole
- Extra Heel protection from impact
- Breathable & Light while still having a strong base
- Highly cushioning EVA insert positioned beneath the heel for optimal shock protection
- 9 Pressure Points on the sole for maximum responsiveness
- Increased resistance meets the demands of learning a new sport.
No matter how effective your shoes are, you might notice some soreness after playing pickleball. If you notice soreness, consider how many times you’ve played, as being on your feet more often might cause soreness that doesn't come from the shoe. However, a quality shoe will cushion your feet to prevent additional soreness or injuries.
The best pickleball shoe will be one that you forget you are even wearing because they feel like part of your foot. Wearing a supportive sock or insert is also a technique to provide additional support and comfort when playing sports.
Pickleball is a perfect sport to play for young kids, teens, the elderly, or people with joint issues.
Pickleball can also be played indoors or outdoors. Due to this, there are some differences between indoor pickleball shoes and outdoor shoes. Whichever type of shoe you decide to purchase, make sure it helps you in your performance and doesn’t hinder your gameplay!
2652 Daisy Drive
Saratoga Springs, UT 84045
Paddles with balls.
Leave a comment: